Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sweet Home Georgia


I know I need to update the in between dates from my post on Oct 31 but for now I've made it home, just in time for Thanksgiving. After nearly 6 months and just about 12,000 miles I've done a complete circle of the US, missing only a few states and enjoying the entire trip immensely. When I left the trees were green and it was 85F. Tonight when I got in from Nashville it was 35F and no leaves left.

The truck, motorcycle and I all got home relatively unscathed and in better mental and physical condition than when I left. My motorcycle carrying rack didn't fare so well, although it did get home, albeit with broken bolts and bent metal, caused by the road from Natural Bridges to Canyonlands National Park - not as much a road as a steep 4x4 trail.


Thanks to everyone I met and everyone who helped me along the way. I'm already planning the next adventure, just not sure to where yet.....Any suggestions will be considered, especially ones that come with a warm bed and/or funding.

Namaste, Drew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Drew,

It's crazy to hear that you have been traveling round the USA for 6 months "couch surfing" as Dad calls it. Some of the photo's I quickly flicked through are amazing.

Hope you and Tishi had a great Thanks-giving and hope you have a great B'Day.

Your nephew,
Dan

dandy80@tpg.com.au

sunshine said...

Hello Andrew, It was such a pleasure reading about your venture, and viewing the wonderful pictures. no misstaking you enjoyed yourself. Glad to hear you arrived back home in Sweet Georgia safe.Tishi and I sort of stayed in contact with each other.Do send me your email address. Always, Sunshine

Unknown said...

I'm planning a walk about of my own...googled American Walk About and stumbled upon your blog. Aiming to leave in the spring. This is something I've been considering for awhile now but have been too scared to break free from the norm. Finally realized I just need to do it. Need to finish registration on couchsurfing.com so I can start connecting with like minded people but figured I'd reach out to you since I stumbled upon your blog! Any advise you might have for me would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Nicole
muybonitame@gmail.com