Friday, October 3, 2008

Toiyabe National Forest - Talking Trees

Left Rubicon according to plan around 2pm. It took a lot longer than I expected to get to Highway 50. It’s a long and twisty road through the mountains. I started looking for a place to stay around 4.30. I have been feeling a little off so I forced myself to drink more water. The batch I have right now doesn’t taste so good which makes it tough. I asked the Universe for a place by 5pm. As I pulled off the road to let a faster car pass, I saw a little dirt road off to the left. It turned out to be a great area just about 2 miles up, part of the Toiyabe National Forest. There's one other vehicle parked nearby bt it's on the other side of a hill. This is truly primitive camping, just the ground and me. After making dinner I feel better. It’s getting cold anyway so I’ll turn in early and explore in the morning.

Had an amazing night. The tree I camped beside “spoke” to me. I felt an energy transfer like never before. Trees have so much inside of them we rarely perceive. It was an experience I hope to duplicate. After a brief explore and some consternation on direction, I decided to head toward the Tioga Pass and into the East entrance of Yosemite.

No comments: